The Lancaster County Veterans Council LCVC offers a financial assistance program for veterans and their surviving spouses who are residents of Lancaster SC.
Please review the eligibility criteria below.
- The Veteran must have, at least, successfully graduated from Basic Training from one of the branches of Military Service.
- The Veteran must still be serving, or have been discharged from any branch of Military Service under conditions other than Dishonorable.
- The applicant for assistance must have applied through the Lancaster County Veterans Affairs Office. The application for assistance must follow the process approved by the Trustees, including the submission of financial data and a Consent for release of the financial data to the Trustees for the purposes of evaluating the request.
- The maximum amount to be awarded by the Council for each request for assistance shall be $750. Except for the direct presentation of Food Cards, Gas Cards, or Travel Vouchers, no disbursements shall be made directly to applicants. Instead, disbursements shall be made to creditors on the applicant’s behalf when supported by appropriate documentation.
- The Council shall not consider requests for assistance from any Veteran, or Veteran’s family, more than once during any 12-month period. That period shall commence on the date that any such award has been granted and disbursed.
You will also need to provide the following documentation :
- Copy of bills requesting assistance for.
- ALL Household income. Check stubs from employment, income verifications from other sources, SNAP assistance, Utility assistance, etc.
- Documentation from other agencies that has assisted you within the last 6 months.